Are you tired of having to hand-wash your shoes every time they get dirty? Washing your shoes in the washer can be a convenient way to clean them quickly and effectively — but is it really safe? In this article, we’ll explore the ins and outs of washing your shoes in the washer, including the materials needed, step-by-step instructions, tips for success, pros and cons, and more.
A Comprehensive Guide to Washing Shoes in the Washer
Before you start washing your shoes in the washer, you’ll need to gather a few materials: a mesh bag, mild detergent, and a towel. The mesh bag is important for protecting the shoes from damage. It will also help keep any laces or other small items from getting lost in the washer.
Once you have all the materials ready, here are the steps to take to clean your shoes in the washer:
- Remove the laces and insoles from your shoes.
- Place the shoes in the mesh bag and close it securely.
- Add a mild detergent to the washer.
- Set the water temperature to cold.
- Run the washer on a gentle cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the shoes from the washer and place them on a towel to air dry.
How to Clean Your Shoes in the Washer Without Ruining Them
To ensure that your shoes don’t get ruined in the washer, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, choose a mild detergent. Harsh detergents can damage the material of your shoes, so opt for something milder instead.
Next, set the water temperature to cold. Hot water can shrink your shoes or cause the glue holding them together to weaken. To be safe, always use cold water when washing your shoes in the washer.
Finally, use a mesh bag. This will protect your shoes from getting damaged by the agitator in the washer. It will also keep any laces or other small items from getting lost in the washer.
Tips for Successfully Washing Shoes in the Washer
To make sure your shoes come out looking as good as new after washing them in the washer, here are a few tips:
- Remove the laces and insoles from your shoes before washing them.
- Use cold water to avoid shrinking or damaging your shoes.
- Air dry your shoes after washing them, rather than putting them in the dryer.
Pros and Cons of Washing Shoes in the Washer
Washing your shoes in the washer can be a great time-saver — but it’s not without its drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of washing your shoes in the washer:
- It’s a quick and easy way to clean your shoes.
- You don’t have to worry about scrubbing or using harsh chemicals.
- Your shoes will come out looking like new.
- The wrong settings or detergent can damage your shoes.
- Small parts like laces or insoles can get lost in the washer.
- It can be difficult to control the water temperature.
The Best Way to Wash Shoes in the Washer
If you want to make sure your shoes come out looking their best after washing them in the washer, here are a few tips to follow:
- Pre-treat any stains before putting your shoes in the washer.
- Choose a mild detergent to avoid damaging your shoes.
- Follow the care instructions on the shoes before washing them.
Washing your shoes in the washer can be a quick and easy way to clean them — but it’s important to do it right. By following these tips and taking the necessary precautions, you can ensure that your shoes come out looking like new after a spin in the washer.