The 1970s were a time of vibrant fashion. From bold patterns to disco-inspired ensembles, the decade was full of unique styles. Today, many people are looking to recreate the looks of the era with 70s clothing. Whether it’s for a themed event or simply to add some retro flair to your wardrobe, there are plenty of options for finding authentic 70s styles.
Online Shopping Guide: Where to Buy Retro 70s Clothes
Online shopping is a great way to find 70s clothing. There are many popular retailers that stock vintage items from the era. You can browse through their collections to find the perfect piece to complete your look. Here are some of the best places to shop for 70s clothing online:
- ASOS Marketplace: This online marketplace stocks a wide range of vintage and retro clothing from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. You can search by decade to find the perfect piece.
- Etsy: Etsy is a great place to find handmade vintage clothing. Many sellers specialize in 70s styles, so you can be sure to find something unique.
- eBay: eBay is another great option for finding vintage clothing. You can search by decade to find more specific items, such as 70s dresses or 70s jackets.
When shopping online for 70s clothing, it’s important to keep an eye out for deals and discounts. Many sites offer sales and coupons throughout the year, so check often for the best prices. Additionally, make sure to read the seller’s return policy before making a purchase, in case the item doesn’t fit or isn’t what you expected.
Thrifting Tips: The Best Places to Find 70s Clothing
Thrift stores are a great source for finding 70s clothing. With a little bit of patience and luck, you can find some amazing pieces without breaking the bank. Here are some of the best thrift stores for finding 70s styles:
- Goodwill: Goodwill stores often have large selections of vintage clothing, including 70s styles. Be sure to check the racks often for new items.
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is another great place to look for vintage clothing. You can usually find a variety of 70s styles at reasonable prices.
- Local Thrift Stores: Many cities and towns have smaller thrift stores that specialize in vintage clothing. These stores are often overlooked, but they can be a great source for finding unique 70s pieces.
When thrifting for 70s clothing, it’s important to take your time and look through all the racks. Look for items that have interesting details, such as embroidery or sequins. Also, be sure to check the tags for the decade, as some stores may mislabel items. Finally, don’t be afraid to try things on—you never know what you might find!
Vintage Clothing Stores: Where to Shop for 70s Fashions
If you’re looking for higher quality 70s clothing, then vintage stores are the way to go. These stores specialize in selling authentic vintage pieces from the era. Here is a directory of some of the best vintage clothing stores around the world:
- What Goes Around Comes Around (New York City): This store has one of the largest collections of vintage pieces from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. They also offer a selection of designer items.
- Round Two (Los Angeles): Round Two is a must-visit if you’re looking for 70s styles. They specialize in vintage denim and other casual wear from the era.
- Beyond Retro (London): Beyond Retro has a wide selection of vintage clothing from the 70s and 80s. They also offer custom alterations to help you find the perfect fit.
- Glamour Vintage (Paris): Glamour Vintage is a great spot for finding 70s eveningwear. They have a large selection of vintage dresses, gowns, and accessories from the era.
When shopping at vintage stores, it’s important to do your research beforehand. Check the store’s website for their selection and see if they offer any discounts or specials. Additionally, make sure to ask the staff any questions you may have about the items, as they will be able to provide valuable insight into the pieces.
A Guide to Shopping for 70s Styles at Local Boutiques
Many local boutiques carry 70s-inspired clothing. These stores often offer modern takes on classic 70s styles, so you can stay up to date with current trends while still getting a hint of vintage flair. Here is a list of some of the best boutiques for finding 70s-inspired clothing:
- Urban Outfitters: Urban Outfitters carries a wide selection of 70s-inspired clothing, from bell bottoms to floppy hats. They also have a selection of vintage items from the era.
- Anthropologie: Anthropologie has a variety of 70s-inspired pieces, such as patterned jumpsuits and floral blouses. They also offer a selection of vintage jewelry from the era.
- Free People: Free People has a great selection of 70s-inspired clothing, from printed maxi dresses to fringed jackets. They also offer some vintage items from the era.
- ModCloth: ModCloth is a great source for finding unique 70s-inspired pieces, such as denim overalls and fringe vests. They also offer a selection of vintage items from the era.
When shopping at local boutiques for 70s-inspired pieces, it’s important to keep an open mind. Try different combinations of items to create a unique look that expresses your own personal style. Additionally, don’t be afraid to mix and match modern and vintage pieces to create a truly one-of-a-kind outfit.
How to Style Yourself in 70s Fashion: Where to Buy the Pieces
If you’re looking to recreate the iconic looks of the 70s, then you’ll need to find the right pieces. Here are some suggestions for where to find the perfect items to complete your look:
- Vintage Stores: Vintage stores are the best source for finding authentic 70s pieces. If you’re looking for something specific, such as a 70s dress, then this is the place to go.
- Thrift Stores: Thrift stores are a great resource for finding unique 70s pieces. With a little bit of patience and luck, you can find some amazing items at great prices.
- Online Retailers: Online retailers, such as ASOS and Etsy, are a great source for finding 70s pieces. Be sure to check often for deals and discounts.
- Local Boutiques: Local boutiques are a great source for finding modern takes on 70s styles. They often offer unique pieces that you won’t find anywhere else.
When styling yourself in 70s fashion, it’s important to keep the era’s signature looks in mind. Think bold colors, flared pants, and statement accessories. Additionally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different pieces to create your own unique look.
Affordable 70s Clothing: Where to Find Retro Styles on a Budget
Finding affordable 70s clothing can be a challenge, but it is possible. Here are some tips for finding retro styles on a budget:
- Shop Thrift Stores: Thrift stores are a great source for finding affordable 70s styles. With a little bit of patience and luck, you can find some amazing pieces at great prices.
- Look for Discounts: Many online retailers offer discounts and coupons throughout the year, so be sure to check often for the best deals. Additionally, some vintage stores offer special discounts for students and seniors.
- Shop Vintage Markets: Vintage markets are a great source for finding discounted 70s clothing. Many markets offer discounted items from the era, so be sure to check them out.
- Buy Secondhand: Buying secondhand is a great way to find affordable 70s styles. Sites such as eBay and Poshmark offer a wide selection of secondhand items from the era.
When shopping for affordable 70s clothing, it’s important to keep an eye out for deals. Many stores and websites offer discounts throughout the year, so be sure to check often for the best prices. Additionally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different pieces to create your own unique look.
The 1970s were a time of vibrant fashion. Today, many people are looking to recreate the looks of the era with 70s clothing. Whether you’re looking for something specific or just want to add some retro flair to your wardrobe, there are plenty of options for finding authentic 70s styles. You can find 70s clothing online, in thrift stores, vintage stores, and local boutiques. Additionally, there are plenty of resources for finding affordable 70s styles on a budget. So no matter what your style or budget may be, you can find the perfect 70s clothing to complete your look.